This New Year, gift a girl a healthy period!

By LexQuest Foundation

$ 360 Raised

of $ 440

15 Donors

in 24 days

81%

Story



As women, we were always well aware of the challenges that accompany menstruation, but once we acknowledged the stark contrast between our privileged lives as against millions of other women in India, we decided to take up the challenge to work on the issue of menstrual health and hygiene, especially among the impoverished quarters of India.


For those who know little about this landscape, only 12% of Indian women get access to sanitary napkins while the other 88% resort to unhygienic cloth, ash and husk sand thereby undergoing severe reproductive health problems. Poor menstrual hygiene can cause fungal infections, Reproductive Tract Infection (RTI) and Urinary Tract Infection (UTI); unhygienic practices also leave women vulnerable to infertility.


A packet of sanitary napkins with eight pads costs between Rs 30 and Rs 80 across India. For girls whose families have to sustain on a monthly budget of Rs 5,000- Rs 10,000, this is a financial burden they can’t afford. So even with the GST withdrawn, sanitary pads remain a luxury for some in this country.


We are working towards creating a stockpile of sanitary pads in India's Government Schools and as we continue to expand our outreach through this donation drive, to reach out to government schools in the State of Gujarat and ensure that the girls in these schools have a hassle free period, we call upon you to open your hearts and support us in this endeavor. 


Help us by contributing towards this cause and make a difference to a girl's menstrual health.

NEFT/IMPS/RTGS transfer to the following account:
(From Banks in India only)

OR

Click here to read the instructions before you transfer.

Campaign Details


About Campaigner
LF
LexQuest Foundation
 
About Beneficiary
LF
LexQuest Foundation

Top Promoters