Last updated: April 12, 2015
Impact Guru Foundation (called "Impact Guru") is committed to respecting the privacy of its users (“You”, “Your”, “Yourself”) who access or use the website, located at www.impactguru.com (“Website” or “Site”). Your privacy is important to us and we strive to maintain the highest standards to provide you with secure transactions and take reasonable care of Your private information. Please read the following statement to learn about our information gathering and dissemination practices.
Collection of Personal Information, other information and its usage:
Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but not limited to, information regarding Your name, photograph, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, financial information details, Facebook profile, contacts, etc.
You may need to provide your Personal Information to Impact Guru during the course of using the Website several purposes, such as:
- Signing up on the Website
- Filling in any form available on the Website
- Volunteering for any activity offered through the Website
- Creating a fundraiser on the Website
- Providing financial information while making an online donation or contribution
- Uploading or sharing content
- Participating in any online survey or contest
- Communicating with Impact Guru by phone, email, chat or otherwise in relation to the activities or services offered by Impact Guru.
Impact Guru may also collect Non-Personal Information such as your location, the details of the device from which you access the Website, Your URL or the IP address from where the Website is accessed, the type of browser used by you, and/ or the User history.
For your assistance, where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
Once you provide us with the Personal Information, such Personal Information is deemed to have been provided to us with Your consent. Thus, we advise that you should not share or disclose any Personal Information to us, if you do not agree to the Policy or are not comfortable sharing the Information.
You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. You may even amend or delete the information provided to us at any point in time. However, this may affect your use of the Website or some of its features.
The information collected by Impact Guru from You may be used to:
- Enable Your use of the Website
- Understand Your interest
- Provide a better user experience
- Notify You about our updated information, activities, and other related information
- Respond to Your queries
- Help address any problems You may have incurred during the use of the Website or the activities/ services offered therein
- Assist you with customer service or technical support issues
- Communicate with you regarding Your donation or contribution
- Facilitate Your making the donations or contribution
- Conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website to improve our activities provided through the Website
- Gather broad demographic information such as your location
- Analyze Your behavior, specifically in connection with collecting information about Your donating or contributing preferences and patterns
- Connect you with the NGO’s listed on the Website
- Share information with any of our group of affiliate entities, located within or outside India
- Transfer information about You if we are acquired by or merged with another entity
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement You have with us
- For compliance purposes
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, to detect and prevent identity theft, suspected fraud, violations of the Website or as otherwise required by law.
(Collectively referred to as (“Purposes”))
In addition to the above, at time, we use third-party service providers to provide ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Website. Such third-party service providers may collect anonymous information about Your visits to our Website, and Your interaction with our services. No personally identifiable information is however collected or used in this process by such third party service providers.
You do not object to Impact Guru sharing your Personal Information such as, but not limited to, Full Name, donation or contribution amount, with the respective campaign creators and the beneficiaries (eg. nonprofits) of your donations / contributions for compliance purposes and to ensure that campaign creators are able to provide you the rewards that you may have paid for. Although our website allows donors to be shown as Anonymous if selected, Impact Guru, payment gateway providers, and the chosen beneficiary (non-profit) will know of your true identity. If you choose a reward but chose to be shown as Anonymous, a campaign creator may not be able to offer you the reward that you have chosen.
As part of our commitment to respect Your privacy, Impact Guru DOES NOT trade or sell Your Personal Information in any manner, except as specified herein or if express consent is sought from You.
You authorize Impact Guru to exchange, transfer, share, part with all information (Personal Information and/or any information provided by You), across borders and from your country and jurisdiction to any other countries and jurisdictions across the world (including India), with affiliates / agent / third party service provider / partners and other agencies for purposes specified under this Policy or to fulfill our obligations towards You or as may be required by law.
Information placed on your computer
Impact Guru may store some information such as ‘cookies’ on Your computer. You can erase or choose to block these cookies from your computer. You can configure your computer's browser to alert You when Impact Guru attempts to send you a cookie with an option to accept or refuse the cookie. However, this may impact your experience using the Website in certain instances.
We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedure to ensure that the Personal Information collected is secure. Your Personal Information is held on secure servers. You agree that such measures are secured and adequate.
While we will endeavor to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which we hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet is not 100% secure and that we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your Personal Information. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information caused by us in relation to your Personal Information.
Third Party Links
During your interactions with us, it may happen that Impact Guru provide/include links and hyperlinks of third party websites. The listing of such third party external site does not imply endorsement of such site by us. We do not make any representations regarding the availability and performance of any of the external sites which could be provided.
If you need to update or correct your Personal Information, you may send updates, and corrections to us at email@example.com or make them yourself directly by clicking on My Profile at the top right hand corner of the website, and we may take all reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes and/or address your grievances within a reasonable period of time.
Further, You will have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier, provided such withdrawal of the consent is intimated to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not provide us Personal Information or withdraw the consent to provide us Personal Information at any point in time, we shall have the option not to fulfill the purposes for which the said Personal Information was sought.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Impact Guru shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Impact Guru and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
You acknowledge that You are providing your Information out of your free will.
Grievance Officer: Mr. Piyush Jain
Impact Guru Technology Ventures Private Limited
101-102, 1st floor, Jewel Building,
Mama Parmanand Marg, Opera House
Mumbai - 400004, India
Report Abuse / Questions
If you wish to report an abuse on the Website or You have any other concerns or questions, please report abuse at https://www.impactguru.com/report-abuse or contact us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to take suitable steps and respond within an appropriate timeframe.