About the Campaign
India is facing serious challenges regarding air and land pollution mainly due to open dumping of solid waste in big cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata. Open waste dumping generate methane gas that increase local temperature, and the leachate which is produced when it rains makes ground water contaminated with heavy metal such as lead, zinc etc present in batteries and electronic equipments such as TVs, Computers and our Mobile Phones, which all together eventually has the potential to kill thousands of people at once who depend on groundwater to suffice their drinking water needs.
Shuddhi is a registered NGO having pan India presence and is a registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. Shuddhi is a team of motivated and dynamic professionals of young generation hoping to change India’s Image as a dirty nation into a clean and beautiful India. An important element of this campaign is mobilise child labour rag-pickers from Indian Dumpsites to School for education which they foremost deserve.
- Daily waste collection from residential areas, offices, and public dustbins, segregation and recycling of waste which will ultimately reduce the total amount of waste that goes to open dumping hence saving our environment.
- Project will help in removing child labours currently engaged in informal rag-picking business all over Delhi NCR and provide them free education.
- Project will introduce recycled products into the market that will save our natural resources such as trees, oil & natural gas used to make notebooks and plastic bags, which all-together will help us all to go green including composting of organic or kitchen waste.
HOW THE FUNDS WILL BE USED
1. 30% of the funds will be used to begin collection and segregation of waste.
2. 30% of the funds will be used to transport and recycle the waste.
3. 20% of the funds will be used to educate child rag-pickers and provide them monthly stipends.
4. Remaining 20% of the funds will be used to undertake public awareness campaigns and production of recycled products such as Green Bags, Notebooks, Glass Bottles, Pens and Natural Compost.
Come forward and support us in this noble cause.
New Delhi, India