Hi, my name is Pranav Malhotra and I am 2nd year BMS student at the H.R.College of Commerce and Economics.
This year for my birthday, I am starting a Fundraiser for Wockhardt Foundation. Wockhardt Foundation manufactures water purification tablets called Shudhu.
I really was moved by this inititaive of Wockhardt. People living in urban cities have taken clean water for granted. Thousands of litres of water is wasted everyday when there are people struggling to drink clean water in so many other places. Here are some statistics that opened my eyes:
Studies and statistics proved that Water-borne diseases are one of the major causes of Health Disruptions in India
• 37.7 Million Indians are affected by Water – Borne diseases annually
• 1.5 million Children die in India die annually from Water – Borne Diseases
• The World Bank estimates 21% of Communicable Diseases in India are water related
• 500,000 Man Years are lost every year to due Water – Borne Diseases
• 3.4 million people die each year from a water related disease (that's almost the entire city of Los Angeles)
• Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water related illness
• In 2000, 2.4 billion people lacked access to improved sanitation. 81% of these were in rural areas.
• In 2000, 1.1 billion people lacked access to improved water sources. 86% of these were in rural areas.
|House Hold Expense (Per Family)|
|Qty. (I strip = 10 Tablets)||1*10|
|Price Per Tablet||Re. 1|
|Product Content Quantity||NaDCC I.P. 25 mg|
|Monthly Requirement (3 Strips)||30 Tablets|
|Total Monthly Expense||Rs. 30|
|Total 6 Month Expense||Rs. 180|
|Total Annual Expense||Rs. 365|
|Total No. of Tablets needed p.a||365|
|Liters of Water Disinfected p.a.||7,300 liters|