O Womaniya the pride (Fight for the Pride, Stop Violence Against Women) is inspired from real life tragic story of a 27 year old woman who was beaten, branded, raped and forced into prostitution.
The story is set during the period of downfall of the diamond market in Mumbai. And then the financial crisis and high costs of living in cities has forced people to shed the traditional values of not pushing women into flesh trade.
The story follows the aftermath of the crisis and how the woman managed to escape from her house after undergoing the torture allegedly inflicted by none other than her jobless diamond polisher husband.
- I am a passionate about film making and works as a Freelance Script Writer and working as a Secretary to the COO in a Japanese firm by profession in Mumbai.
My journey started in 2001 doing stunts in TV Reality Shows like V-Panga for Channel V, Kucchh Kar Dikhana hai for Balaji Telefilms and many more until. In 2006 acted in a Short Film “The Playground” Directed by renowned Marathi Film Director Yashwant Ingavale as an ensemble cast. From 2006 onwards, has been writing scripts as a freelance writer.
In 2013, It all started with 0-budget conceptual short for a movie where a point & shoot camera was the only source of investment and actors were all my friends. I used to do everything; starting from writing to the producing (except acting). YouTube was our ultimate destination and nothing beyond it.
My inspiration comes from the films made by Directors like Shyam Benegal, Mahesh Bhatt & Anurag Kashyap.
In this story i would like to highlight the issue like domestic violence, gender equality and other abuses the women faces.
By engaging NGO specializing in the spiritual, social, economic, legal and political awakening of women, which aspires to assist women in the rewiring of their views and the fostering of a transition in women from places of disempowerment to agents of positive change.
Explaining an untouched concept itself is pretty challenging. We don’t want to commercialize the subject, yet tell this story. We plan to use O Womaniya the pride as a thought provoking tool as we head to multiple private screenings.
Our movie requires locations which are sophisticated, luxurious and dark. Arranging such locations with a tight budget is a challenge.
This is our first attempt into large-scale production. Even though it was a challenge we had a lot of learning in the process.
There are no direct risks related to the film but lack of funds may delay this project which is what we need your help with. Fund us and support us to make sure this story reaches maximum people and with your help we hope to liberate minimum 20 women by providing them specialized vocational course training to empower them.
I believe that the centre of any good film should be the story, the concept. This is what we have tried to achieve with O Womaniya the pride. We are ready with our team, but to finish the shoot and complete the remaining post production we we need your love & support.
We don’t want to wait for 1 person or company to invest in us because we require a lot of independence in our thought process, execution and most importantly, this is not for commercialization. This is why we are reaching out to you; every little bit matters.
By contributing any amount you can, you will help us tell this thought provoking story, in the best way possible.
O Womaniya the pride is not just our story, it's a story which most of you will relate to & through this campaign we wish to make you all an integral part of it.
Rs.10,00,000 is our target and the fund distribution will be as under:
|Rs.||50,000.00||/-||in Music & Sound Design|
|Rs.||300,000.00||/-||in Camera and Equipment rentals|
|Rs.||200,000.00||/-||in hiring Professional Actors & other Crew|
|Rs.||200,000.00||/-||in Post Production & Editing|
|Rs.||200,000.00||/-||in Operational costs (mobility, food, makeup, props, location and miscellaneous)|
|Rs.||50,000.00||/-||in Admin Fee|
50% of the Net Profit from the film will be donated to the NGO for the Programme mentioned herein before on above paragraph.
Rewards for Donors:
● You'll get a ticket for the special funders screening
● We'll feature your Name in the beginning of End Credits of our film
● We will post a big “Thank you” message on our social media page with your name. Our entire team is grateful for your support.
● Watch the film at the comfort of your homes, a day after the official release. We'll send you an online streaming link of our movie!
- ● Thank you for believing in us. We’ll send you a set of personalized postcards, thanking you for your support.
- ● You’ll also receive 1 print-ready, hi-res. wall art customised film poster of O womaniya the pride.
● The cast will sign an exclusive T-Shirt just for you
● You'll get a special invite to the premiere
● Come hang out with the cast and crew after the movie.
● We'll send you an exclusive collectors' edition DVD signed by the entire cast!
● All Colleague rewards
● You have played a major role in bringing this film to life! You’ll be credited as the Executive producer of the film in the opening credits.
● You'll get a pair of Boxing Glove with #Owomaniyathepride printed on it
● Come watch the film with our entire crew! You +1 will be specially invited to our movie’s screening in Mumbai.
● We'll send you a set of exclusive pictures from the making of O Womaniya the pride along with a personal 'thank you' message.
● A cast member of your choice will record a 20 second personalized video greeting for you! (Please send us something that you and the actors both are comfortable having eternalised on video)
● Come, be a part of the process! You'll be invited to the dubbing/editing.
● All Visionary rewards
● You'll be credited as the Additional Producer of the film
● Your picture along with your take on #OWomaniyathepride will be featured in the end credits, Facebook, Twitter and blog
● We'll send you a streaming link which gives you access to the Blu-ray version of the film along with some bonus content, exclusively for our crowd funding supporters.
● With your support, this story will reach maximum no. of people! We'll give you a special mention in the opening credits of the film as a token of appreciation. We are thankful for your support, and as a token of appreciation you will get a set of 3 silicon rubber wrist bands with our philosophy embossed on it.
● Come hangout with us for an evening which will be all about films! Join the team over a dinner after the film's screening in Mumbai and all ‘Collaborator' rewards except the credits.
- ● You’ll be credited as the Associate Producer of the film in the opening credits.
● Your support is all we needed to make O Womaniya the pride happen! You'll be given a chance to act in the movie.
● We cannot thank you enough for your generous contribution & support. You’ll get a special mention on our next film project as well.
● We’ll host a special screening of the film exclusively for you & your family at your residence.
● You’ll also receive the original clapper board used in the film as a memorabilia
● All ' Comrade ' rewards except credits
● You'll be credited as the Co-Producer of the film
● You'll be our Chief Guest at the inauguration of the premiere
● All ASSOCIATE rewards except Associate Producer credits