Who we are?
Enablers United was started on 27th April 2016 by Ashwin Sameeran Mukundan and Sathish Yadav who have many years of hands -on experience performing rescue operations, We are an animal welfare NGO that runs the first of its kind 12/7 Open Network Ambulance Rescue Service through the city of Bangalore, working with all animal welfare NGOs that shelter or treat animals.
Our primary services are:
- Animal rescue and transportation services
For this we have:
- Full time trained drivers & helpers
- Two rescue vehicles which have been modified to carry and prevent injury or unwanted escape of animals
- Emergency first aid and treatment for any animal
Our secondary services are:
- Temporary overnight holding/shelter points (paid for by Enablers United)
- Medical treatment for all animals in our private care
- Animal rescue and pick up service offered to all animal shelters
- Availability of post-treatment release services which are offered to all animals
What challenges you have?
Running an ambulance service is a daunting task and extremely capital intensive. To rescue, transport, treat (emergency medical first aid only) pay salaries, rent, phone/internet bills, vehicle maintenance and repairs we spend approximately 2,50,000/- per month. This itself is a very difficult sum to collect from individual private donations.
Additionally we also find shelter space to be a huge drawback in comparison to the number of animals which are sick or injured in a month. Usually shelters get full really fast and the additional 10 to 15 dogs or animals that are picked up don't find space for proper treatment in shelters for weeks. Even though we have a halfway home or a hold off point we are unable to maintain the service due to the huge costs involved. For this we would like to start up our own halfway home with medical treatment services.
We are grateful for your help!