The idea for “Mobile Mushkan – Travelling Smiles” Project transpired when Dr Murali Krishna was providing medicare services in public and private health care facilities as part of his job responsibility in the various poverty pockets of Andhra Pradesh.
Dr Murali Krishna pointed out that it was very difficult for most beneficiaries to access adequate and appropriate health care services as they had to spend almost the entire day at the public health centre, as the waiting time and procedures for completing case papers, examination and treatment in general was long and arduous.
To provide mobile health care services in whole of Andhra Pradesh state by covering mostly poverty pockets where the basic access to health service is lacking.
1. Increase access to health care in an undeserved area: The primary objective of the “Mobile Mushkan – Travelling Smiles”is to bring Primary, Preventive, Curative, Promotive and referral health services into targeted community with limited access to the above services, specifically to those who are uninsured or under insured.
2. To ensure curative health care: To prescribe and dispense medicines on the spot for the common ailments and referral to hospital for other cases.
3. To educate and build health awareness: To raise awareness about preventive health care issues including family planning, communicable and other diseases, audio visual equipment and a large screen will be fitted in the van, with the help of this facility educational films can be shown in villages.
4. The “Mobile Mushkan – Travelling Smiles”also integrates patients into existing social services and health care systems through referrals.
To provides free episodic care at a time and place chosen to best serve our target population.
- To co-ordinate with the respective Public Health Systems to achieve improvement in the Millennium Development Goals such as IMR, MMR, Life expectancy etc.
1.)Awareness sessions and audio visual presentation on Promotion of Family planning methods
2.)Awareness sessions and audio visual Presentation on Breast Feeding
3.)Awareness sessions and audio visual Presentation on Hygiene & Sanitation
4.)Awareness sessions and Audio Visual Presentation on specified issues or local existing problems.
- 5.)Combating Malnutrition-Promotions of nutrition and balanced diet among Child & women
- Concurrent evaluation will be done on monthly basis however an annual evaluation will be done by the external agency
- Quarterly Reviews for Improving Strategies - The “Mobile Mushkan – Travelling Smiles” team planned a quarterly brain storming & review session with all partners to discuss the implementation strategies, processes and problems encountered. This helped in reviewing activities implemented in the last quarter and arriving at solutions through consensus.
- Regular reviewing helped the “Mobile Mushkan – Travelling Smiles” team to workout practical solutions and fulfilling the planned objectives.
|S.NO||ITEM DESCRIPTION|| QUANTITY||AMOUNT|
|1||MONTHLY ADMINISTRATION EXPENSES||85||85000|
|2||MOBILE CLINIC COST (664 MANDALS||92||92000|