AN APPEAL FROM ISKCON PANAJI GOA FOR YOUR GENEROUS HELP IN RAISING FUNDS FOR PROMOTING ITS ACTIVITIES
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is a Gaudiya Vaishnava religious organisation founded in 1966 in New York City by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Its core beliefs are based on select traditional Hindu scriptures, particularly the Bhagavad-Gita and the Shrimad Bhagavatam. ISKCON has seven centers in the state of Goa; one of them being in Panjim, the capital city.
ISKCON was formed to spread the practice of bhakti yoga, in which the aspirants dedicate their thoughts and actions towards pleasing the Supreme Lord, Krishna. When Srila Prabhupada first incorporated ISKCON in 1966, he gave it seven purposes, the foremost amongst them being to systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
In-keeping with those cherished objectives, ISKCON, Panaji, Goa, has been engaged in following activities:
1. Propagation of spiritual knowledge to society at large
2. Upliftment of lives through celebration of festivals.
3. Corporate Training on various contemporary topics drawing extensively from the scriptures.
4Gopal’s Fun School to develop a spiritually trained and guided child.
5. Gita Champion’s League - A fun contest that inspires and motivates school children to absorb the teaching of the Bhagavad-Gita
6. Value-education in Schools
7. Reformation of jail-inmates to transform them into perfect citizens
8. Women Empowerment- A platform to connect women to connect with each other and to contribute to a contended and healthy society
9. Spiritual Programmes and Retreats
10. Marriage Bureau to facilitate marriages amongst devotees
Any endeavor, be it material or spiritual, to be successful, need resources in terms of land, men and finance. We have land at a couple of places and we also have men to manage our activities. Our focus now is not so much on projects but on propagating Krishna consciousness to as many members of general public in as short a time as possible. Finance is one area where we have not been able to achieve self-sufficiency yet; even to meet our recurring expenses.
The beneficial effects to the society is unimaginably huge in terms of reduction in crime rates, in industrial unrest and in Government spending on public utility services, etc., to say the least.
With this in mind we approach the general public to donate whatever they can for a cause, which, apart from being noble, is surely one of those that can please the Supreme Lord. It is only He who is the cause of all causes, it is only He who has given us whatever we have today and therefore, it is our obligation to dedicate a part of it, however small, for His service. We earnestly seek your support befitting one’s level of faith in Krishna, the Supreme Lord.