We are student run organization committed to designing, racing and marketing best race car possible. We put our knowledge and skills to test while also obtaining valuable hands on experience. By building the best vehicle possible, we uphold a reputation of excellence for our university and our sponsors who have graciously supported us.
The Hyperion racing team consists of a small group of highly motivated and dedicated group of students. Each student must balance a difficult work load while also making time for this challenging extracurricular activity. The students must come from a broad range of backgrounds and majors, allowing for more diverse thoughts and ideas.
What is Formula SAE?
Formula SAE (FSAE) is a collegiate design competition sanctioned by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) for student members. The competition is based on the premise that students have been hired by a manufacturing firm to produce a prototype Formula 1 style racecar for consideration as a production item. The teams are encouraged to be creative in their design and push the boundaries of automotive engineering. The cars are designed and built solely by the students and are then brought to one of the several regional competitions where they compete against colleges from all over the world. Here not only are the cars tested on their design and manufacturing , but the students are also tested on their ability to market their prototype to a board of investors in ab business fashion.
Formula Student Germany 2014
- Lightest first year Indian car.
- Cleared technical inspection and tilt test in first attempt.
Formula Design Challenge 2015
- Overall ranking: 10th
- Cost event ranking: 9th
- Real case scenario: 1st
Formula Student India 2016
Our Future Targets
- Formula Student Bharat 2018
- Formula Student Germany 2018
What you get
- Seminars on vehicle dynamics, simulation software, project planning.
- Display of car at every college event such as project launch, press release, car release, on track testing and exibitions.
- Press release and TV coverage of car pre and post event.
- Display of logo and products on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Maximum youth Outreach
- Team consists of 30+ members of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students from various streams.
- Exposure to upcoming graduates.
- Annual college fest with more than 75000 footfalls.
- The SAE competition attracts more than 360 teams and numerous corporate giants like Audi, Volkswagen, Airbus, BMW, Bosch, etc. from all over the world.
- This event will help showcase India’s technological prowess in the international arena.
- Reinforcing its image as one of the emerging R & D hubs of the world.
Our Current Sponser