1. A consumer club shall be set up in a middle/high/higher secondary school which is affiliated to a Government recognized Board & shall consist of a minimum 50 members, particularly interested in the welfare and protection of consumers and willing to dedicate time and effort on a regular basis towards this end. the activities of the club will depend on the age profile of children.
2. there shall be only one Consumer Club in a school. there is no upper limit on the number of members that a club can have.
3. Each Consumer Club shall be in the charge of an active teacher in the concerned school.
the members of each Consumer Club are expected to discharge the following functions
1. To take part in all activities of the Consumer club.
2. to disseminate information gained through Consumer Clubs among their fellow student as well as among the people living in their respective locality.
3. To organize and actively participate in consumer protection programs being organized in their schools as well as in their locality, mobilizing their fellow students and general public.
4. To observe national consumer day (24 December) and world consumer rights day (15th march) etc.
Practice knowledge of consumer protection and consumer welfare will be imparted to the members of the Consumer clubs through audio visual aids, posters, lectures, etc. Besides, demonstration and street plays can also be arranged. debates , Drawing essay writing, letter writing contested and quiz programs will help them learn on their own.
1. Swatch Bharat Avijan. Right to healthy environment.
2. international yoga day. Right to safety
3. Consumer Protection Act 1986. Right to Redressal of their grievance.
4. Banking sector. Right to choice
5. Insurance sector.Right to choice
6. Food safety. Right to safety
7. Misleading advertisement. Right to Consumer Education.
8. Usage of drugs . Right to information.
9. Misleading advertisement. Right to information.
10. Sustainable Consumption . Right to satisfaction of basic needs.
11. Telecom sectors. Rights to information.
12. Medical Negligence. Right to information/safety
13. Any other subject which are consumer related issues.
Coordinating Agency- All Orissa Consumer Protection Council, Jobra Road, Cuttack,-753003, Odisha.