My name is Adithyan and I am raising funds for making a documentary film on artist Akkitham Narayanan who is from Kerala and currently settled in Paris . The total budget will come approximately 500000 INR. We are planning to start the shoot by this september in Kerala and Paris .
I am from Malayalam film industry working as an assistant film editor.
Here's more about my subject Akkitham Narayanan
Akkitham Narayanan (born 1939, in Kerala) is an Indian painter. He received a Diploma in Painting from the Government School of Arts and Crafts, Chennai, India. He then studied at the Ecole des Beaux Arts, Paris on a Government scholarship. He has won the Tamil Nadu State Lalit Kala Akademi Award thrice. He is the recipient of the IV International Festival of Painting Award, in Cagnes-sur-Mer, France. Narayanan's works have been exhibited widely in India and internationally. Akkitham Narayanan lives and works in Paris.
Akkitham Narayanan was awarded the "K. C. S. Paniker Puraskaram" by Kerala Lalitakala Academy in 2009 "in recognition of his assiduous art practice that has won him and his country international acclaim".
- 1939 - Born in present-day Kerala
- 1961 - Diploma in Fine Arts from School of Arts, Madras
- 1962 - 64 - Government of India Scholarship
- 1967 - 70 - French Government Scholarship "Ecole des Beaux-Arts", Paris
- 2006 - Founder member of Artists Handicrafts Association & Cholamandal Artists' village, Chennai.
- 2009 - K.C.S. Panicker Award, Kerala Lalita Kala Akademi, Kerala
- 1972 - National Award for India, 4th International Painting Festival, Cagnes-sur_Mer All India Print Exhibition, New Delhi
- 1966 - Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai
- 1965 - Association of Young Painters & Sculptors, Chennai. Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai
- 1963 - Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai
National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi
- National Art Gallery, Chennai
- Ahmedabad Museum, India
- Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Paris
- Prefecture de Paris, Paris
- Museum of Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- National Library, Paris
- Bangalore Museum, India
- Glenbarra Art Museum, Japan
- Asia And Pacific Museum, Warsaw, Poland
- Musee Gigaud, Perpignan, France
(SOURCE : WIKIPEDIA )