Documents To Keep In Hand Before You Start Your Medical Fundraiser
By: Zainab, Chiara
Published On: May 28, 2021
Starting a fundraiser is easy and quick, even more so with ImpactGuru. Although, for the safety of the campaigner as well as the donors and the legitimacy of the cause, it is important to make sure you have all the required documents in place before moving forward.
While the documents required from the campaigner are amongst the most common ones, they are as per Government regulations and mandatory to make your fundraiser live!
Let’s start from scratch and study the requirements right from when the fundraiser is made to the withdrawal of those funds.
When you start
In case you want to start a fundraiser to meet medical expenses of any kind, you would be required to submit either one of the 3 documents mentioned below.
- Medical certificate
- Estimate letter of the total expenses from the doctor or the hospital
- Any medical bill signed by the hospital
Make sure that all the documents mentioned above are perfectly legible and are not blurred or pixelated in any way.
Before the transfer of funds
The documentation you would be required to submit before fund transfers are:
- Aadhar card and PAN card of the patient
- Aadhar card and PAN card of the campaigner
During withdrawal of funds
For medical fundraisers, it's important to have the following documents during the withdrawal of funds:
- Medical bills for the specified amount from the hospital or doctor
- Campaigner PAN card and Aadhar card only in case the person is a blood relative. This means that only blood relatives (immediate family) can request for a fund transfer in case of medical fundraisers.
Patients below 18 years of age:
For patients below the age of 18 years, the documents required in order of priority are:
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
*Only in case of the above documents not being present will the Aadhar card of one of the parents be accepted.